[Lazarus] Need testers for the a new debugger

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Sat Jul 19 13:35:49 CEST 2014

On 19/07/14 10:35, C Western wrote:
> On 16/07/14 08:53, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
>>  > Looks promising, but (on current SVN):
>>  >
>>  > an explicit raise Exception.Create causes an assembler window to
>> appear,
>>  > trying to show ../inc/except.inc rather than the source line with the
>>  > raise as the standard debugger does.
>>
>> Do you have a rtl with debug-info enabled? In that case it's normal, as
>> this is the location where the exception actually takes place.
>
> I do indeed have debug info enabled in the RTL. I can live with the rtl
> showing, though I would encourage a special case test for an explicit
> call to raise, as I assume is in the gdb interfaces.
>
> However the inability to show the rtl source is a problem - again gdb
> handles it fine, so I assume it is an issue with the way filenames like
> ../inc/except.inc are handled - any change of fixing this? Or an
> indication of where I might look?

Follow up to this - a simple patch (attached) allows the rtl source to
show, rather than the assembler window. However there seems to be a more
fundamental problem, in that a "step into" that ends up stepping into a
rtl routine like fpc_shortstr_SInt reports a SIGSEGV in the debugged
program, when no such exception has occurred.

Colin