[Lazarus] Laz trunk+FPC trunk Windows - experiences with help

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Jul 28 17:27:53 CEST 2014

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> On 22/07/2014 08:51, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> Normally I would always blame the compiler and/or RTL/FCL for my own or
>> other people's incorrect code ;) but I'm starting to suspect recent
>> fixes in simpleipc may have messed things up.
>
> Yes, Marco found out it is indeed FPC r27762 , see bug
>
> Confirmed that reverting that restores proper help behaviour; my patch
> then works as it should.

Can you please explain what goes wrong ?
The bug report doesn't say what goes wrong.
'regression' is nothing I can work with...

The problem can well be that lhelp needs to be adapted.
I tested the patch, and in all situations I tested, it worked correctly.

So, maybe it is another case of messages getting lost in windows, just as in the debug server.
I'd like to establish that...

Michael.