[Lazarus] Developing with fcl-web

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Jul 29 13:47:24 CEST 2014

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 07/28/2014 05:28 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Well, yes. Why are you repeating what 2 people already replied ?
> ???
>
> You did mention TCP/IP via port 10020, but you also stated "if you use
> mod_fastcgi.so". I tired to offer that this might not only possible with a
> ".so" (linked object to be started by Apache and hence creating the debugging
> "attach" problem in question) but also with a stand alone executable, started
> by the debugger.

Then IMHO you have not understood how fastcgi works.

Fastcgi always works with a stand-alone executable.

mod_fastcgi.so is not a FPC module, but an apache module that implements FastCGI support for Apache.
It has nothing to do with FPC. There is also mod_fcgid.so, which does the same, but which insists on
starting the fastcgi binary by itself. The latter is not suitable for debugging the executable.

Michael.