[Lazarus] [IDE] Translations of licence texts which are inserted into source code

Václav Valíček vaclav at valicek.name
Sun Jun 1 20:58:06 CEST 2014

While trying to adapt notice about not legal translation, I have found
that I have to add new lines to licence text.... And it is problem,
because of Format function (ide/sourceeditor.pp:4011) - it would case
missmatch.

Code:
   Txt:=CommentText(LCLProc.BreakString(
Format(Notice,[#13#13,#13#13,#13#13,#13#13,#13#13]),
            FEditor.RightEdge-2,0),CommentType);

Isn't it silly to change it just to?:
   Txt:=CommentText(LCLProc.BreakString(
            StringReplace(Notice, '%s', sLineBreak, [rfReplaceAll]),
            FEditor.RightEdge-2,0),CommentType);

(It's silly from point of view of Format(), but in licences, there will
be IMO %s = CRLF forever, with no other formatting options)
I tried to change the resourcestring (replace %s with sLineBreak) - to
tell if it is able to replace %s with CRLF in resourcestrings... I'm not
sure if it was Lazarus&FPC or Delphi who diallowed to use CRLF char in
resourcestrings. But to finish recursion of my thought, i wasn't able to
regenerate .po file from resourcestring.

So, I'm sorry for my maybe incomprehensive writing (out of coffe), but
can you help me with problem 1 (Format()) and 2 (regenerating PO file)?

Václav Valíček
vaclav at valicek.name