[Lazarus] nonlcl design basic issue

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sun Jun 15 18:45:27 CEST 2014

Hi Lazarus gurus,

looking further into nonlcl designer, a very basic question arose to me.

My custom widget designer must be aware of my custom widgetset,
otherwise it would be unable to know their properties.

But my custom widgetset has dependencies on a lot of non-lcl units, and
many of them conflict with an LCL counterpart.

I can think only of two ways to go:

 1. Surrounding with appropriate $IFDEF LCL / $ELSE the sources of my
    widgetsets to differentiate what should be visible at design time
    from what should be visible at run-time.
 2. Going the same way as LCL, and taking advantage of an "interfaces"
    unit, which provides the actual implementation of virtual methods.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Giuliano