[Lazarus] gdk_gl_context_share_new no visual found

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 6 10:07:04 CEST 2014

On Fri, 06 Jun 2014 09:55:14 +0200
Andrea Mauri <andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I developed an application using LazOpenGLContext, one of the
> application user reported me that he got an error:
> gdk_gl_context_share_new no visual found.
> Could you help me trying to identify the problem?

It means the opengl driver does not support the needed context.
For example by default the LazOpenGLContext wants 8bit red, green,
blue and 24bit depth bits.

> What may I ask to better understand the problem and how to solve it?

Ask to run in a terminal:
glxinfo

This gives the supported visuals.
Maybe he runs the program in a virtual machine with limited 3D support.

Mattias