[Lazarus] Bug in cody. Exploding a hanging with block.

ListMember listmember at letterboxes.org
Mon Jun 9 20:49:32 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-09 08:52, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 00:29:28 +0300
> ListMember <listmember at letterboxes.org> wrote:
>
>> such as:
>>
>> if something then
>>     with somethingelse begin
>>       {code}
>>     end;
> No.
> You need a 'do'.

:) I'd have been surprised if your hadn't caught that typo.

>> And, it is all thanks to cody, because I have been trying (on and off)
>> doing that for the last 6-7 years (became something of an obsession to me).
> :)

I've got a couple of feature requests, such as the ones below:

1) Could there be an option so that cody leaves (within the source
itself) a commented-out copy of the block it has altered.

This is needed for 2 reasons.

a) I have noticed that cody saves a copy of the altered file to disk
immediately. I am not sure if this is the intended behavior; but if it
is by design, a record of what it has altered might be desirable. Even
though 'undo' can revert back the changes, there may be times you don't
want to revert everything but go through the cahnges and correct them
manually.

b) I also noticed that cody works within the active compiler switches
($IFDEF stuff). While this is good, it also means it leaves out the code
in the '$ELSE' part. This may/will become problematic when the '$ELSE'
becomes active but there's no way to 'explode with' for it.

2) It would be immensely more useful if it could do its thing on
unit-wide, class-wide and function/procedure-wide.

Where can I write these requests so that they don't get forgotten?