[Lazarus] Win32 postgres unit compilation error

Péter Gábor ptrg at freemail.hu
Thu Jun 19 09:10:47 CEST 2014

This issue is no way related to FPC or Lazarus. External software
libraries are not distributed with FPC/Lazarus except if they are needed
to run.
You must have libpq.dll and libc.dll (or libcrypt.dll if you modify the
source of postgres units) installed on your windows system on a path
where your software can fin it!
The _PQsetdbLogin symbol is undefined because the related libraries
ain't loaded.

On your Linux these libraries are already installed.

--
Péter Gábor
ptrg at freemail.hu