[Lazarus] Resource strings and newline

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 11:01:57 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> In the old days special characters were not converted properly.
>
> I just tested:
>
> 'A'#10'BC' is converted to
> msgid ""
> "A\n"
> "BC\n"
>
> Note the new line behind BC. When this is fixed, I can adapt the 'Make
> resourcestring dialog'.

Mattias, what tool exactly does it wrong?

>From the new message:
> To be safe: use LineEnding instead of #10,#13.

Already a long time ago I changed all #13 parameters to LineEnding in
Format() calls.
#13 did not work on Linux, the lines were concatenated in message boxes etc.
Apparently the tools still generate #13 as they keep popping up. This
should be fixed, too.
I mostly create the resource strings manually so it does not affect me much.

I have translated the IDE texts myself and I agree that the excess
parameters make it harder.
They are like useless "noise" when trying to deal with the truly
variant parameter data.

Juha