[Lazarus] EpikTimer v1.0.1 released

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jun 20 14:42:01 CEST 2014

On 06/20/2014 02:15 PM, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
> Having a timer component, however, that can use this, could provide us
> application writers to have a way to detect&select what we want, when
> it comes to implementation.
IMHO a timer component that uses  vdso's clock_gettime would be _very_
advantageous, provided this would be implemented in many archs and thus
would free us from the necessity to use code to select which kind of
timer we use. As long as most archs in vDSO do not provide
clock_gettime, we can just as well implement the access to the timer
hardware (e.g. performance counter register in X86 32 and X86-64) in our
own code.

This already is done in the current Windows (and in my Linux 32 Bit)
implementation of EpkiTimer and works just fine.

I'll add Linux 64 Bit support ASAP.

-Michael