[Lazarus] Paint over TEdit control

Sat Jun 21 15:48:52 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-21 11:01, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> But that means that I have to abandon the LCL, correct?

Hence I asked if it is a new project or has a well abstracted user
interface.

> Or can I mix LCL and fpGUI?

No, not in the user interface. But you can use some base LCL (mainly
non-GUI) units in a fpGUI application.

> Yes. I want to display file paths where the delimiters (\ or /) are displayed in a different
> color than the directory/file names between them.

OK, that's what I thought you meant.

> And the handling when drawing directly on the form is arkward because I have to do
> everything on my own. No automatics like anchoring, repainting, etc. are available.

You could always create your own widget - but sometimes that is also
more work than expected.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/