[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jun 23 10:32:50 CEST 2014

On 06/21/2014 12:43 PM, Giuliano Colla wrote:
> I'm trying to figure how to face my nonlcl widgetset project.
I don't understand what you mean by " nonlcl widgetset project".

In fact I already do have a working draft of my "ActiveNoGUI" Widget
Type Project.

Here the goal is to provide another "Widget Type", That is the name of
the compile Variable  that Lazarus uses for telling multiple
"interfaces" from each other, and which can be set in the Lazarus
Project options.

Lazarus already understands multiple values for this Variable (e.g. gtk,
gtk2,  qt, win32,  wince fpgui, nogio carbon, cocoa, customdrawn,  and
gtk3).

ActiveNoGUI is supposed to run on Linux and on top of "nogui" provide
stuff like TThread.Synchronize, TThread.Queue and TTimer.

As said, a testing project already works (on Linux x86-32), bus
supposedly needs some enhancement to be really acceptable.

And after that it of course needs some effort to integrate it with
Lazarus in a decent way (decent makeup, have Lazarus set the WigetType
variable, have Lazarus create a "New Active NoGUI Application").

Is this somehow related ?

-Michael