[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jun 23 12:43:45 CEST 2014

On 06/23/2014 11:48 AM, Giuliano Colla wrote:
> No, this is about creating new Widget Types which don't use *any* of
> the widgets LCL provides.
This is rather exactly the same with my current project (only that there
will not be any widgets in runtime at all either).
> In short, LCL philosophy is to have a High Level WS, (LCL) whose
> implementation part is demanded to some third party Widgetset (such as
> gtk, qt, Windows, etc.), via an Interfaces unit.
> This is not compatible with other implementations, such as Kylix and
> fgGui, just to mention two.
I understand that "customdrawn" is on a similar trail (regarding
runtime, Kylix and fpGUI provide their own GUI designer tools, though).
[ To me customdrawn seems the most promising of the three mentioned. ]

Does you project already have a working (runtime) implementation of an
Event Queue and of TTimer ?

-Michael