[Lazarus] IDE bug handling translations?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed Jun 25 13:31:31 CEST 2014

Il 25/06/2014 12:13, Václav Valíček ha scritto:
> I know your feelings... With czech language, it was similar...
> Interesting is, that I was translating every time I had something more
> important (par example finals :D). Don't be afraid to stole a job to
> official maintainer, he probbably does not work. If you look into
> header of PO file, there is (or should be) an email or something
> similar to contact last editor... But there is huge chance to make
> missmath with the %s changes - as translator, I can say, It will be
> great after replacing %s with " and sLineBreak... But the job is
> awkard... Specially in longer strings, it's self destructing to find
> out all %s and %s in source...
>
> I can wish you as less of staetments untranslatable into you language
> as possible... I was a little bit dualised person when I was deciding
> if translate unit or not to translate unit into Czech, when in
> translations it was 50/50... And I know a lot of my translations
> aren't ideal, but it is still better than nothing...

I'd like to have a better knowledge of czech language to take good ideas
from your translations, as you appear to share my philosophy.
Unfortunately I only have a few notions of russian and croatian. When in
Czech Republic, I've realized that czech is somewhat in between the two,
but that's not enough:-( .
Giuliano