[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jun 26 09:28:28 CEST 2014

On 06/25/2014 09:57 PM, Sven Barth wrote:

> If you rely on the new TThread functionality you'd need to at least
> put in guards against compiling with a pre-2.7.1 compiler.
Can I do this by a {$ifdef ... } ?

> Better would be to write the code in a way that it works with 2.6.x as
> well.

I can try to do this:

-  TThread.CurrentThread:
This is only necessary for perfectly calling TThread.Queue, as same is
not a class functions (even though I suppose it could be)

-  TThread.Queue,:
I use this to implement Application.QueuAsyncCall.
I can try to do the (supposedly minimal) code that in TThread.Queue
forwards the procedure of object to the Event queue, native in the
implementation of my TApplication class.

-  TThread.GetTickCount64:
I can try to do the (supposedly minimal) code that in
TThread.GetTickCount64 does a system call and some calculations, native
in the implementation of my TApplication class.

-Michael