[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jun 26 13:12:14 CEST 2014

On 06/26/2014 12:25 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Ok. That's incompatible to the LCL QueueAsyncCalls, which executes the
> calls in the main thread.
Not true at all.

The task of TThread.Queue is scheduling a Main thread Event !

Of course I did the implementation of TApplication in a way that the
Async call is queued and done in the main thread and is provided with
the parameter given in QueueAsyncCalls.

The problem is, that I in fact do need TThread.Queue, because I can't
re-implement the code in TThread.Queue as same uses stuff that is
defined as private in TThread.

So I in fact do need the more recent compiler / RTL version.

(There was a reason why I restarted my long sleeping project to do an
ActiveNoGUI Widget type not before TThread.Queue has been implemented by
the fpc team !!! )

-Michael