[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jun 26 14:52:12 CEST 2014

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:06:15 +0200
Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>[...]
> Of course I do know this.

Make up your mind. Either I'm "Not true at all" or I wrote something
right.

> But my goal is that these Events are executed
> without the user needing to call Application.ProcessMessages. (IMHO this
> is how decent Object Pascal Applications are supposed to work.)

If your main thread does not call Application.ProcessMessages, what
does it call to give time to the async calls?

Stating the obvious:
If you implement a LCL function in the nogui widgetset, you have to
implement it compatible. Your goals and opinions are no excuses
for incompatibility.

Mattias