[Lazarus] PoChecker possible cosmetical patch

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jun 27 11:07:37 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 06:52:53AM +0200, Sven Barth wrote:
> > > +      sCheckMissingIdentifiers,
> > > +      sCheckForMismatchesInUntranslatedStrings,
> > > +      sCheckForDuplicateUntranslatedValues,
> > > +      sCheckStatistics,
> > > +      sFindAllTranslatedPoFiles
> > >      );
> >
> > ok. That's reduces some redudancy. They are not translated though. You
> > must replace the array with a function for that.
>
> There was a bug report some time ago that Delphi *does* indeed translate
> such strings. AFAIK that was fixed, but I'll need to check that and in
> which version.

I can confirm that D2009+ translates resourcestrings in aggregate CONST structures
using its own (ITE, resource DLL) translation systems.  I ran into this when
I switched to dxgettext, and I had to add this manually.

I've no experience with translations in pre D2009. (one of the reasons to
upgrade our D7 was that we needed to start with translation, with non Latin
scripts a possibility oto)