[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 27 11:08:42 CEST 2014

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 10:35:28 +0200
Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> On 06/26/2014 07:38 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> > If you mean for TTimer: Yes, I'm waiting for your patch.
> Meaning what ?
>
> I can send you a testing application (that does nit use the LCL but just
> fpc) if you just want to see it working.

Yes, please.

> For doing a "Patch" to the LCL, some more prerequisites are needed:
>   - do we want something at all if it is not usable with the "released"
> version of fpc (see discussion in fpc-devel)

Yes. Many features started with $IFs. You just have to document the
requirements. For example on the wiki page for the nogui widgetset.

>   - can we do an extension to the current "noGUI" Widget Type
> .  - here: do we want to add a "sub-WidgetType) similar to
> "fpGUIPlatform") to allow for selecting old and the new behavior so that
> no incompatibility problems can come up.
>   -  or do we need a completely new Widget Type "AciveNoGUI", preventing
> any incompatibility problems for current noGUI users.

Small differences are done with IFDEF EnableSomeFeature or IFNDEF
DisableSomeFeature.

> .  - here the IDE somehow needs to know about this I have no Idea how to
> implement this.

It is possible to register flags, but normally we only document them
and programmers use them when needed. Most flags are for special cases,
which would confuse the majority of users.

Mattias