[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jun 27 11:56:40 CEST 2014

On 06/27/2014 11:35 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> In case of nogui there is no library, so you have the full control.
I need to do a system call to have the program wait and do another
system call to wake it. I understand that this is "library dependent".
> Not quiet.

OK. Not _necessarily_. But this is a decent use of it.

> Have you actual numbers of the overhead that you fear so much?
In any case, it's better to avoid if, if possible.

> Same for the other widgetsets. Except for nogui.

In fact the GUI enabled, non-Windows Widget Types do implement an event
Queue in pascal code.AFAIK, this is necessary because the external
Widget Sets do callbacks that need to be queued until the program is
able to handle them (while in Windows the messages are queued anyway).

Hence there it would be "nice" (and IMHO possible) not to have a dual
queue (one in the RTL, one in the LCL), but a central one..

But of course I do not really vote for taking the huge effort to modify
the current status quo.

-Michael