[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jun 27 12:11:46 CEST 2014

On 06/26/2014 02:54 PM, Michael Schnell wrote:

> Maybe this is not fully compatible with Application.QueueAsyncCall (if
> same is called in the main thread), which I did implement using
> TThread.Queue.
I checked the code of TThread.Queue and in fact it does not queue the
call if TThread.Queue is executed from the main thread, but performs the
call right away.

This supposedly is not compatible with how Application.QueueAsyncCall
works in other WidgetTypes.

Unfortunately the svn-version of the rtl does not provide a means to
prevent this (queer, Delphi compatible) behavior.

So for full compatibility we would need an enhancement in the fpc-rtl.

(I'm going to post this in fpc-develop, as well.)

-Michael