[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jun 27 12:24:02 CEST 2014

On 06/27/2014 10:35 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:

> For doing a "Patch" to the LCL, some more prerequisites are needed:
>  - do we want something at all if it is not usable with the "released"
> version of fpc (see discussion in fpc-devel)

Addition:
  - we can't create full compatibility to how Application.QueuAsnyCall
works with other Widget Types, as TThread.Queue, when called from the
main Thread, does not queue the call but preforms the call right away.

Unfortunately this is even true if you do TThread.Queue with a fake self
pointer, as it internally checks using GetCurrentThread.

Hence we would need a modification to the RTL for full compatibility.

-Michael