[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jun 28 13:44:01 CEST 2014

Il 28/06/2014 01:18, Juha Manninen ha scritto:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Giuliano Colla
> <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>> (I can't anchor the second Button to the first, because if the first becomes
>> invisible, the second is moved from his position, which is not acceptable).
> True, hiding the control ruins the plan of using anchors here.
> A more standard way would be to disable it instead of hiding.

It's true only if you're dealing with sophisticated users. A plain user
will fail to grasp the difference between a grayed button and another,
and you'll get a phone call in the middle of the night from Hong Kong or
from Santiago, claiming that the touch screen is broken, because
touching a button doesn't provide any action! (Usually those things
occur in places where the time zone makes them work when you're asleep :-( )
If you notice, all visual applications meant for plain users (cash
dispensers, buying machines, self check-in, info terminals, restaurant
and hotel management, etc.) show only active controls, and hide all the
rest.

Giuliano