[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jun 28 15:41:55 CEST 2014

Il 28/06/2014 14:47, Graeme Geldenhuys ha scritto:
> On 2014-06-27 23:51, Giuliano Colla wrote:
>> Graeme Geldenhuys who had problems of the same sort ended up designing
>> his own widgetset. I'm more modest, and I look to a design mediator.
>
> If there is something missing from fpGUI to help you migrate your
> projects off Kylix, we can discuss this in private or on the fpGUI
> newsgroup.

My current main problem is to provide support to hundreds of installed
applications, providing updates, enhancements etc. Therefore migrating
to a different project frame is a possible option, but not the first one.
My current goal, i.e. extending Lazarus IDE to provide a full support to
non LCL WS, has Kylix as a primary target for that reason, but I also
had fpGUI in mind, because I share the philosophy behind it.
Once verified if and how the primary goal can be reached, all the rest
may come.
It would be a pleasure for me to take advantage from, and possibly
contribute to, a project which I like.

Giuliano