[Lazarus] Accessibility of Lazarus

Grzegorz Zlotowicz grzezlo at wp.pl
Sun Jun 29 00:16:44 CEST 2014

Hi.
As I wrote a moment ago in previous message, the problem is not the
wm_getwindowtext itself, but the underlying accessibility object.
http://wiki.freepascal.org/LCL_Accessibility
states, that:
LCL developers need to provide accessibility for all TCustomControl
descendents in the LCL and also for all non-windowed controls in the LCL
(such as TLabel).

So the right thing seems to be setting up the accessible object for this
non-standard control, and everything should work.
But, as I mentioned - after trying to set AccessibleDescription for the
bitbutton didn't work, so I suppose that the implementation of
accessible object may be somehow incomplete for bitbutton.

By the way - the mentioned wiki page says about testing the
accessibility using screen-reader, but it lists only
Voice Over for Macos x, and Orca for Linux, but says nothing about NVDA
for Windows, which is advanced, free and open-source screen reader, and
possibly most important - it can be placed on the computer as a portable
version, not changing anything in the system settings.
So for testing suggested by the Wiki page, it can be activated for a
moment, and turned off when not needed anymore.

Greetings, Greg.
W dniu 2014-06-28 14:48, Bart napisaƂ/a: