[Lazarus] How to access C and C++ libraries?

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:31:11 CET 2014

Hi everybody!

Years ago I used Delphi (on Windows) to access a C or C++ API (for talking
directly with embedded device) and I can remember that there were a number
of gotchas (e.g. the calling convention had to be changed form Pascal to
something else (extern?) etc. ).

Now I am wondering about writing a simple Lazarus GUI to the Telegram API
(all C header files, AFAICT) on Linux (and maybe Windows, if not too
difficult to port). Any gotchas to keep in mind for using C and C++
libraries from Lazarus/Free Pascal (on Linux and maybe Windows) or good
guides?

Thanks
Chavoux