[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.2

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Thu Mar 20 12:14:31 CET 2014

Hi FOlks.

I'm testing Lazarus 1.2 on a W7 64bit with cross compilation for Win64
and WinCE as Lazarus is Win32. All three downloaded and installed
without problems
With a little project, no problems at all, it compiles and runs on all
three platforms.
So far so good.
Now, real projects but packages first: they compile on all platforms and
more specifically Indy 10.6.0.1
two projects copied from a Win32 Lazarus 1.0.12 (current production on 2
different platforms one for Win32+WinCE and a second for Win64):
On production: compile and run everywhere. This my current production
environment

Now copy both projects to Lazarus 1.2 machine:
project one compiles with Indy on Win32 and Win64 (WinCE is not an
option for this project) only adapting the compiler search path
- including the Indy package in the required packages fails to find any
Indy unit
- including the Indy lib in the complier search pat and removing the
package name compiles nicely (!!??)

project two: (has to run on all three platforms) compilation for Win32
(the 2 other platforms not yet testes) fails with error
...\..\..\..\Lib\uservertcpconnect2.pas(9,3) Fatal: Can't find unit
IdTCPClient used by uservertcpconnect2
The unit uservertcpconnect2 is referenced in both projects and .o and
..ppu are in the Indy lib folder and only once in the machine
- Naming Indy in the required packages changes nothing
- including the Indy lib in the complier search path does not solve the
problem neither.

I've made a little test project having nothing but a close button. The
previous uni is included,
- add Indy lib into compiler search path
- add the unit in the uses clause
The project compiles and runs OK

Where could the difference be located ?

Antonio.