[Lazarus] Shared project configuration

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 08:53:37 CET 2014

Hi All,

Is it possible for lazarus to use "shared project configurations"? The
scenario is:

1. I have a project layout as below:

<root>
  <src>
    <units>
    <demos>
  <bin>
  <doc>

<demos> sub-dir will contain demo project I use to test/debug the units.

At present, I will have to configure any new project to let it look for

It will be useful to have a "project group configuration", such as
"projects.prg", which can be opened by lazarus to create a shared
configuration, and from that lazrus session, all new project I create will
by default "inherit" environment settings in the "project group" file
(which can be customized individually, of course).

Another important reason to have such file is that I want to add it to
version control system.

Is that possible?

Xiangrong