[Lazarus] Crosscompile Target Win32 error : ( /units/i386-win32/win32] Error 1)

Allan E. Registos allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph
Fri Mar 28 02:42:17 CET 2014

Hi all,

Good day,

For Lazarus 1.0.14/Ubuntu 64 Precise
I have successfully installed crosscompile win32/i386 and can generate win32 executable.
I upgraded to 1.2.
I've moved the old .lazarus to .lazarus_0.14 because Laz 1.2 is unable to upgrade it and was using instead the binary in that directory which is the 1.014 version and can't locate the correct fpcsrc version so I just moved that directory to let the new 1.2 create a new one.
I was able again to recompile lazarus to target win32/i386 and generated win32 exe.

However, I accidentally enter the command "mv .lazarus .lazarus_0.14", this command in linux gives you no warning whatsoever that there is an existing directory with that name. So it just followed that command, and my existing .lazarus which has the lazarus1.2 binary that can target win32 was lost. Restoring from .lazarus_0.14 gives me the old lazarus binary. So I think this is just a trivial problem, and to correct this, I started from scratch. I removed again .lazarus and start lazarus to recreate the directory.

When trying to recompile lazarus (Option > Prof to build[Clean Up + Build All] > LCL Widget type[win32/win64] > Target OS:[win32] > Target CPU:[i386])
I have now this error:

make[1]: *** [../units/i386-win32/win32] Error 1
Recompiling fpcsrc doesn't work.

Also the reason why I upgraded to 1.2 is because I want also to target
both 1.0.14 and 1.2 emitted this error:
make[1]: *** [../units/i386-linux/gtk2] Error 1

Anybody experience this or have an idea?

Best regards,
Allan