[Lazarus] Fatal: Compilation aborted

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:07:15 CET 2014

Am 03.03.2014 11:51, schrieb FreeMan:
> Did you check my install and update script? I was send one or two
> message before. Has it any error or wrong command?
I did not read any of the scripts you sent. I simply looked at the
output you posted, recognized that you use the development compiler to
compile a new version of the development compiler and this rang all my
alarm bells.
> 2.6.2 last stable and download link in script, link remarked, manual
> download it before run script, and save thats under stable folder and
> use that from disk via "dpkg -i".  I Looked on wiki and froum, always
> say first step install last stable fpc, in my script same.
You don't seem to specify the FPC to use. So if you now have your
/opt/freepascal/2.7.1/bin in PATH then the 2.7.1 compiler will be used
which is wrong. So explicitely specify the compiler to use with the make
option FPC=/usr/bin/fpc (or whereever it is in your system). Check
beforehand though whether "fpc -iV" returns 2.6.2 instead of 2.7.1 (it
might be that the 2.6.2 compiler driver "fpc" nevertheless finds the
2.7.1 compilers "ppcXXX"). If it uses the wrong compiler then you should
at best remove the /opt/freepascal/2.7.1/ directories from path...

Regards,
Sven