[Lazarus] LazReport & Database

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Mar 10 21:37:59 CET 2014

> With a new project, last week I tried to do this again. First with

> Lazarus 1.08, today with Lazarus 1.2 (downloaded and installed this
> morning). Still the same problem.
> I looked in the bugtracker. There is a request for a new sample-project.
> Unfortunately I lost my password and the email-address is not valid anymore.
> The bugtracker states :
>>  You need to first link TfrDBDataSet to a TDbf (which could be in a
> TDatamodule) and then link the TfrDBDataSet to the TfrReport via the Dataset
> property.

> When you use the query on the same form as the report, this is *not*

> needed. And adding a TfrDBDataSet and connecting it to the query on the
> datamodule does not work.

In your report you wrote that setting up the connection in code works, that means it's a problem at runtime, the response in note 72299 address the problem in that case, and as it written it works if you link TfrDbDataset etc.

But now things are clearer as you say the problem is at design time, and yes, the issue can be reproduced. The problem here is LazReport (in form1) can't get an instance to Datamodule1.Dbf1 at Lazarus design time. At design time, the object inspector knows how to get an instance to a component residing in a external form/datamodule but LazReport designer at Lazarus design time doesn't know.

This is basically to Mattias, is it possible to register at design time data modules so they appear in FindGlobalComponentList? any other solution?

Jesus Reyes A.