[Lazarus] Checking characters in a string

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:37:11 CET 2014

On 12/03/2014 14:53, Richard Mace wrote:
> I am trying to check to make sure the a string contains at least 1
> uppercase character, 1 lowercase character and 1 number.
> Any ideas as of the best way of coding this?

<SCNR>
1. Just check for minimum length and run John the Ripper against the
password hash, and check if it breaks the password in a reasonable
amount of time
Slightly more serious:
2. Perhaps there's OS supplied functions that provide this kind of
funcationality (e.g. apparently on Windows domain controllers, there is
- haven't really read through this though:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370661%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)