[Lazarus] debugging parts of rtl from within lazarus

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Mon Mar 17 20:22:57 CET 2014

On Mo, 2014-03-17 at 18:03 +0000, Martin Frb wrote:
> On 17/03/2014 16:40, Marc Santhoff wrote:
> > the FAQ gives instructions for debugging FCL from within lazarus.
> >
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#How_can_I_debug_FCL_components_from_packages_with_Lazarus
> >
> > Does this work for RTL packages as well?
>
> The IDE doesn't rebuild RTL , or fpc packages. But if you have your own
> fpc build, you can always rebuild and install it with debug info.

I have no own build but the sources. Reading the FAQ it should work to
cd to .../rtl/unix, build with -gl, and afterwards install the new ppu
to the same location as the compiler.

I'd like better if I could switch a standard version and a debugging
version of the RTL. If it works in general this could be done by some
conditionals in .fpc.cfg, I think.

Where I'm not sure is if the build RTL build and install works the same
as for lazarus packages.

> Once the debug info is there it will work.

I'll try.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>