[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.2

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Mar 20 15:21:14 CET 2014

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 13:41:23 +0100
Antonio Fortuny <a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu> wrote:

>[...]
> > - including the Indy package in the required packages fails to find
> > any Indy unit

What fails exactly? Compiling? Code navigation?
Have you tried compiling with -vut?

> > - including the Indy lib in the complier search pat and removing the
> > package name compiles nicely (!!??)

Either the indy.lpk has a bug (code navigation fails) or you got the
fpc bug (compile indy package twice) or you messed up your files or a
combination.

> > project two: (has to run on all three platforms) compilation for Win32
> > (the 2 other platforms not yet testes) fails with error
> > ...\..\..\..\Lib\uservertcpconnect2.pas(9,3) Fatal: Can't find unit
> > IdTCPClient used by uservertcpconnect2
> > The unit uservertcpconnect2 is referenced in both projects and .o and
> > ..ppu are in the Indy lib folder and only once in the machine
> > - Naming Indy in the required packages changes nothing
> > - including the Indy lib in the complier search path does not solve
> > the problem neither.
> >
> > I've made a little test project having nothing but a close button. The
> > previous uni is included,
> > - add Indy lib into compiler search path
> > - add the unit in the uses clause
> > The project compiles and runs OK
> >
> > Where could the difference be located ?

Compile with -vut and compare the Compiler Options / Show Options .

> Found a workaroud:
> - make a new application
> -- adjust search path and all options to

> "what they must be"

Meaning?

Mattias