[Lazarus] Shared project configuration

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 25 10:11:22 CET 2014

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:53:37 +0800
Xiangrong Fang <xrfang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible for lazarus to use "shared project configurations"? The
> scenario is:
>
> 1. I have a project layout as below:
>
> <root>
>   <src>
>     <units>
>     <demos>
>   <bin>
>   <doc>

> <demos> sub-dir will contain demo project I use to test/debug the units.
>
> At present, I will have to configure any new project to let it look for
>
> It will be useful to have a "project group configuration", such as
> "projects.prg", which can be opened by lazarus to create a shared
> configuration, and from that lazrus session, all new project I create will
> by default "inherit" environment settings in the "project group" file
> (which can be customized individually, of course).
>
> Another important reason to have such file is that I want to add it to
> version control system.
>
> Is that possible?

Yes.
You can save the project options (including compiler options,
excluding files) as a default:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Project_Options#Use_these_settings_as_default_for_new_projects

And you can create new project templates with files:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Project_Templates

And finally you can write an IDE addon to register project types, with
their own setup dialogs, bells and whistles.

Mattias