[Lazarus] RFC: Code tools Feature?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Mar 27 16:37:59 CET 2014

On Do, 2014-03-27 at 13:09 +0100, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Mar 2014, Martin Frb wrote:

> > In addition, you do not need the IfDef.
>
> But I want the ifdef :)
>
> The reason is that I very often add some code inside the $IFDEF to check for assigned props, params and whatnot.
> So, having it there from the start is an advantage.
>
> And like I said: the feature can be used for a lot more than just logging.

Indeed. It would be usable for implementing "Design by Contract"
checking scheme, for external code beautifying/printing/version control
tools for example. Or maybe tool driven license enforcement, changing
the license checking code and it's positions often by using templates.
Maybe code injection, but I'm not really sure with that.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>