[Lazarus] New member with compiler query

Gordon Cooper hughgordont at gmail.com
Sat May 3 22:41:21 CEST 2014

Thanks for the welcome. Have just joined the list.

  Background, worked with Pascal on an old IBM mainframe,
  input by punched cards. The used Turbo Pascal from Version 2,
  Delphi up to Vsn 3 with Topaz modules for small freestanding
databases.  Then I moved to Linux and database work ceased.

Looked at Free Pascal a few years ago but did not go further.
Now have Lazarus on Kubuntu 12.04 and am attempting to
load it on to the new MX-14 lightweight OS.

Have glanced at the list archives and see there is a lot of
reading to do.  My query : With the demise of WinXP,  I've
have been asked to look at converting some of my old Delphi
programs (written for MS machines), so that they will run on Macs.

  Does this mean that I would have to compile any freePascal
rewrites on a Mackintosh computer?

Gordon.