[Lazarus] File Access Problems in Linux

Gordon Cooper hughgordont at gmail.com
Sat May 17 06:38:55 CEST 2014

  Several days ago I posted a request about filing conventions, a
request that had no response. I am asking this again, as I am having
file access problems.  Am attempting to use Lazarus on Linux, specifically
Kubuntu 12.04.

Having set a separate folder for this, my first Lazarus project, all went
well with form design, addition of components,  and compilation until
I added a Tdbf. I was able to define  index and memo items,  but any
attempt to activate was rejected, the error saying that the predefined
project folder could not be opened.

This had always worked for me over several years of TP and then Delphi
on Windows, so there is obviously something I am missing in the Linux
implementation.  I have tested this several times to the extent of
completely
deleting all of the project's files and starting again with a blank form.

Regards,
Gordon