[Lazarus] How to program with time in milliseconds?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon May 19 10:12:29 CEST 2014

On 05/18/2014 09:08 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Your component is probably perfectly suited for Intel 32-bit.

(At least) For Linux I doubt this. vDSO or even direct access to the CPU
register (if really possible) seem more appropriate than doing a syscall..

I suppose a version of EpicTimer that does what is the best possible way
for all Archs and OSes supported by fpc is a lot of work, hard to be
tested and a moving target. But a viable project anyway.

-Michael