[Lazarus] How to program with time in milliseconds?

Mon May 19 21:00:08 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-19 09:03, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 05/18/2014 08:10 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> {$IFDEF Windows}
>> begin
>>    QueryPerformanceCounter(Result);
> Did you check that this is a low overhead function ?

You are welcome to test yourself. Google Search will show you that that
is the recommended high-precision timing option under Windows.

> It seems that a syscall is not necessary with some / many environments.
>
> vDSO seems to provide a user-land implementation in (many) current
> Kernel versions.

Tom and I would welcome patches for EpikTimer.

Maybe EpikTimer should move to the Git repo of Lazarus-CCR so others
could easily clone and share their feature branches (say via Github).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/