[Lazarus] How to program with time in milliseconds?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed May 21 12:17:46 CEST 2014

On 05/21/2014 10:58 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:

> vDSO seems like the way to go in Linux. Here the Kernel is supposed to
> provide a fully user space function that accesses  the hardware
> provided by the arch or emulates it in the best possible way.

As a staring point:

In /usr/src/linux/Documentation/vDSO there are two C files that show how
vDSO can be used without the need to attach to glibc.so.

(The old Kernel sources I have at hand right now (Suse 2013) only
provide this for X86-64, though, and I did not find more suitable stuff
with quick googeling.)

-Michael