[Lazarus] Gdb and openocd via lazarus

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:17:18 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 21 May 2014 16:43:23 Justin Smyth wrote:

> I can get lazarus to compile my project ok then I can  openocd to flash my
> board , I can gdb connecting on port 3333 OK but I can't get it stop on any
> break points..

I don't know openocd, connection with gdb is described here:
http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/html/GDB-and-OpenOCD.html#GDB-and-OpenOCD

In MSEide the procedure is as follows - I assume same as in Lazarus:
In 'Start gdb server command run target' write the command or script which
starts the OpenOCD gdb proxy server (I don't know the command).
Set 'Wait before connect' to the GDB server startup time + some reserve.
'Target connection' = remote localhost:3333

Activate 'gdb download' then MSEide will use the gdb "load" command for
program download.

I suggest to make first a minimal C-program with the gcc toolchain of your
target. If that works the FPC adventure can start. ;-)

Martin