[Lazarus] Scrolling text

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Fri May 23 16:36:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

I don't know any component. Basically you can do it with Canvas.TextOut(X, Y, string);. Use timer and OnTimer event will render the text in position x:=x-1.
Better approach can be to create a "long" TBitmap with text and only copy the part of bitmap to canvas. Of course it depends on the length of text too.
Solution with bitmap needs more memory but less CPU.

Vojtěch
> Datum: 23.05.2014 15:47
> Předmět: [Lazarus] Scrolling text

Hello.I need to put in a form an horizontally scrolling text. Something like a StaticText (so I can set text style), but with the text scrolling horizontally, like a markee, just one line, one or two words. Anyone knows any control with this property, or how to do it programmatically in an easy way?Tks !Daniel