[Lazarus] EpikTimer v1.0.1 released

Mon May 26 13:21:45 CEST 2014

On 26/05/14 10:38, Michael Schnell wrote:
> As EpikTimer internals seem to be discussed here rather than in
> fc-devel, I add some comments in this thread.

fpc-devel is only for FPC related/included units. EpikTimer is not
included in FPC. I also believe that not everything must always be
included with FPC - that makes it harder to experiment and apply changes.

> The only disadvantage I see is is, that with that modification,
> different instances of TEpikTimer don't have their own tuning
> parameters, as they are calculated only in the initializing phase of the
> application.

I believe that change to be a big disadvantage for EpikTimer.

> (In fact I am not sure, what happens when deriving siblings of
> TEpikTimer, as I am astonished that doing things like "class function

Best create a small example, and raise it in the fpc-devel or fpc-users
mailing list.

> If you want me to, I of course can provide an appropriately modified
> version of epiktimer.pas derived from the version you tell me you
> consider stable.

If you want, please publish your git repo somewhere like on Github,
Gitorious etc. That way I (and everybody else) can look and your
changes. I don't like people sending me complete units, I also don't
prefer patch files any more. Git is a distributed version control
system, and it is much easier and quicker for everybody to simply fetch
a branch from somebody else's public Git repo, evaluate and merge
changes if needed. The full history and ownership of those changes stay
intact too.

Regards,
  Graeme