[Lazarus] EpikTimer v1.0.1 released

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Tue May 27 08:02:09 CEST 2014

On 26/05/14 21:44, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 26/05/14 16:34, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> You don't have to edit all lpk files. In fact you don't need to touch a
>> single lpk file at all.
> Oh... last I remember one had to modify each package to support multiple
> build modes from Lazarus IDE. That defeated the point for me. I must
> admit, I haven't gotten a Lazarus update since end of last year. So it
> seems things in that front has improved.

In Lazarus, you can even set the project's build mode/overrides such
that packages gets different output directories depending on the build
mode, target cpu, target os, etc... This prevents unnecessary
recompilation of packages (in theory) when changing build modes.

You can even setup the default compiler options to include your common
cross-compilation build modes so that each new project is cross-compiler
ready. Switching build modes is 2 mouse clicks away.

I have even made an IDE add-on package that allows you to switch fpc
versions on the fly from within the IDE. However I could not make a
dedicated switching button as IDEIntf does not expose the IDE toolbar.

Stephano