[Lazarus] [IDE] Translations of licence texts which are inserted into source code

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:49:33 CEST 2014

On 29/05/2014 14:41, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:
> No. Each country has its official language. Even if english is widely
> used (especially in IT), it means nothing from the point of view of
> jurisdiction. If you are commercial company and you want to do business
> in any country, you should translate licences, manuals, warranties etc.
> For example, EULA of MS Windows comes always translated.

Random sample: Thunderbird, help/about, end user rights. English. I'm
not in an English speaking country...
Apart from the point you're making though, is that having translators
translate legal agreements means that they must know what they are doing
as well, i.e. have legal (translation) experience.
I very much doubt that
1. all translators will realize this
2. all translaters have this

Just my 2 cents.