[Lazarus] Find dialog too tight for translations

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Nov 1 16:57:51 CET 2014

Il 27/10/2014 09:41, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:

>> Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> hat am 26. Oktober 2014 um 23:58
>> geschrieben:
>> [...]
>>

> Please report the bug.
>
>> A cleaner solution would be to build those dialogs in code, like the
>> other ones in the Dialogs unit, without loading an lfm file from stream.
> +1

After fighting some times with AutoSize, Anchoring and Constraints to
provide acceptable layouts with the different options enabled or not,
and the different lengths of translations, I've posted in the bugtracker
a patch to get rid of the .lfm and build the Find Dialogue in code.

The default layout is similar to the original one, but I've added a new
option (frButtonsAtBottom) to provide an alternative layout.
If approved, I'll clean it up from the debug code, and apply the same
recipe to the Replace Dialogue, which is in the same conditions.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?