[Lazarus] No halp entry for FindDialog ...

Bob B. parkingspace26 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 01:35:07 CET 2014

and my Delphi 3 code for OnFind does not work in Lazarus, at least not in Laz 1.2.4 for Win32.  Could some kind person please offer an example that works?

Also, I wonder why the OnFind event has to be coded by the programmer in the first place, since all that changes is the component with the text so why couldn't that just be a property of the dialog component?  It would beak code if done in FindDialog, but it could be in a new dialog component (perhaps named SearchDialog) and before calling execute specify the text source - for example:
  with SearchDialog1 do begin textsource:=myMemo; execute; end;

Hey, let's not stop there.  Perhaps "SearchDialog" could be non-modal, such as FindDialog was in Delphi, so you don't have to exit to see the found text highlighted.  Anyone who does not want that change can just continue using FindDialog in Laz.

Thank you very much for your time.

Bob B.