[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.2.6 and GDB 7.7

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Fri Nov 14 11:01:22 CET 2014

Is anyone having much luck with Lazarus 1.2.6 and GDB 7.7 (I'm using
Linux Mint 17/Ubuntu 14.4).

As soon as I start using it with anything more than a simple program and
still using the default debug settings, the debugger keeps crashing when
an exception occurs. Here's a typical error

While executing the command:
"TGDBMIDebuggerInstruction: "-stack-info-depth 33", [ifRequiresThread]
Thr=1"
gdb reported:
"&"/build/buildd/gdb-7.7.1/gdb/buildsym.c:746: internal-error: failed
internal consistency check\nA problem internal to GDB has been
detected,\nfurther debugging may prove unreliable.""

I am also having problems inspecting class variables - as in the
debugger claims the symbol does not exist.