[Lazarus] Having more than 32 elements in a set (TGridOptions of TCustomGrid)

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Wed Nov 5 19:12:04 CET 2014

Thanks to all. What I learn from the answers is that a set *can* contain
more than 32 elements, but exceeding this number would break existing
forms. And the option of not specifying a default value would break
existing forms as well because their non-stored defaults would not be
there any more.

Anyway, I know a solution for my problem: Introduce an additional
property "RangeSelectMode=(rsmSingleRange, rsmMultiRange)" which allows
to fine-tune the behavior of the goRangeSelect option of the grid. I'll
post a corresponding patch maybe later today or tomorrow.

The next guy wanting to add a new option to TGridOptions, however, will
face that same issue again. Maybe new options will have to be split off
into a new OptionsEx property.